Terms & Conditions
Snooze Scholarship Program Terms & Conditions
Note: The submission date has been extended by 1 week to close on the 19 December 2017 to account for the release of ATAR results.
- Submission of an application for the scholarship award deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this scholarship award, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- Snooze Management Pty Limited (Snooze) is managing this selection process and will make the scholarship award to the successful entrant.
Who can submit an application?
- Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia between the ages of 18 and 25, as of the date of application, who are currently enrolled at a tertiary institution in Australia (including any University, TAFE, or other certified institution) and be enrolled and continue to study during 2017 who can demonstrate: Academic potential with a minimum ATAR score of of 70 (For Queensland Overall Position (OP) ranking) or equivalent • Financial or other hardship • Community involvement
- Employees of Snooze and their immediate families are not eligible to submit an application.
How to enter
- Entrants may submit their application between 9am AEST on 17 August 2017 and 5pm AEST on 12 December 2017 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching:
- A curriculum vitae including full contact details
- Confirmation of your ATAR score or equivalent
- Confirmation of your enrolment in a tertiary institution with details of your degree, diploma or course of study
- A letter explaining why you should be chosen to receive the scholarship award in 500 words or less which must include detail of financial or other hardship and community involvement
- Entrants may only submit one application which must be their original work.
- The scholarship award will be given to the entrant who, in the opinion of the judges, best fulfils the requirements listed above and whose application displays the most skill, creativity and originality.
- Applications will be judged by Snooze after the closing date and the winner of the scholarship award will be notified by email within one week of the closing date.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will receive a $3,000 AUD voucher or multiple vouchers equalling to $3,000 AUD. Voucher/s are to be chosen by the winner and must relate to university expenses (i.e. books, laptop, out of home living expenses). The winner must nominate their preferred voucher and specify how the vouchers relate to their study expenses. Snooze will provide winning entrant the voucher/s within one month of contacting the winning entrant.
- If Snooze is unable to contact the winning entrant within one month, that winner will forfeit the award in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the runner up.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries become the property of Snooze and cannot be returned.
- Snooze assumes no responsibility for, and the entrant releases Snooze from responsibility for, any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, claim, damage or injury to person or property (including computer systems and servers) as a result of the entrant’s participation in this award or the conduct of the award generally or as a direct or indirect result of an entrant’s error, any technical problem of any kind including communications or network failure, unauthorised access to, transferring or theft of data, whether caused by the entrant or associated with the equipment or programming used in the conduct of this award. If, because of any such problem, this award is not able to be conducted as planned and/or the award’s administration, security, fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, Snooze may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the award and/or disqualify any entrant involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this award in any way.
- By entering, the entrant acknowledges that if they win a prize, they agree to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the award, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed and grants Snooze a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such photographs in all media and will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- These terms and conditions do not, nor do they purport to, limit, exclude or modify any non-excludable statutory guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act Cth (2010), or any other warranties (whether express or implied) under any state or federal legislation which cannot be excluded.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, Snooze (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the award.