Last item added
Please enter a search term.
Be the first to receive new product arrivals, trend updates and the latest offers
Bedroom style, Decorate
This summer we escaped to the country to discover how to bring calm, restful comfort and true Australian laid back charm to the bedroom.
Stylist, decorator and retailer Lynda Gardener opened up The Estate Trentham for the latest Snooze Country and Coastal shoot. Known for her ability to seamlessly mix the old with new, she has a knack for creating unique and beautiful spaces. The setting and the story behind this stunning estate taps into the peacefulness we aspire to bring to our bedrooms. It’s that feeling of escape and relaxation, and the sense of the outdoors being ever present; abundant sunlight, warm breeze, towering gum trees & country style gardens.
Here are our 5 top tips on ‘How To’ turn your bedroom into a breezy, calm and peaceful space where soft, cool blues mix with natural tones and shades of white.
1. Customise your bed in a fabric of your choice that feels restful and that brings you a sense of wellbeing. For country looks we opted for naturals such as the oatmeal upholstery on our Kenton bed or the Warwick ‘Savile Ecru’ stripe upholstery on our Venus bed with wing headboard. For coastal looks we featured the Stockholm Denim check by Warwick fabrics.
2. Go natural where possible - we love the combination of the Tasmanian Oak timber veneer & timber as used in the My Design collection. Soft wool or linen are other great natural fabric ideas for upholstery.
3. When it comes to styling accessory items or even functional bedroom furniture items like lamps, rugs & stools, don’t be afraid to mix the old with the new. No one does it better than Lynda Gardener. Lynda runs Curated (formerly known as Empire Vintage) a store based in Albert Park, Melbourne, which stocks 80% new pieces and 20% vintage - basically a retail offering of her favourite curated collections! Lynda has also styled, renovated and refurbished several properties in her distinct style. The Estate at Trentham definitely represents that mix of light & bright with dark timber, vintage and modern….and a touch of Scandinavia.
4. It’s all in the detail! Pay attention to finishing touches such as the contrast piping on your upholstery, or the arrangement of the cushions. Even though you’re trying to create a calming space without too much clutter, there’s a skill to throwing things effortlessly together!
5. Finally bring the outside in. Ensure there is loads of light - open up the curtains, blinds or doors and let the sun shine in. Bring foliage, herbs and branches from outside and stand in a beautiful vase or jug.
Now sit back and relax as we bring the Country and Coastal inspiration to life! #snoozeaway
Catherine Heraghty is a Sydney based Interior Designer and Stylist, owner and founder of The Stables. She has attracted a huge following for her simple, understated and elegant style.
Enjoy new product arrivals, trend updates and the latest offers delivered straight to your inbox.
We need a valid email address to subscribe you. Please check your email below.